Friday, August 26, 2011

Homemade Wedding Favor

My entire wedding was DIY by yours truly (of course with help from a few favorites!)! One thing I wanted to do different that most weddings I had been to was to have a Wedding Favor that wouldn't be thrown away or was a waste of my money- I say "mine" but I mean my Dads!! With my husband and I heading to Austin, Texas for our first year of marriage, I thought that whatever the Wedding Favor would be, it could also double as a great way to inform all our guests what our new address would be! And then I thought, who is going to throw away chocolate? NOBODY! So that is where I went with it!

I went to my local candy making store, picked up more than a few pounds of white chocolate & milk chocolate, which I was able to get at a decent price because I had to buy so much (we had over 200 peple coming!)! They also had some really cute molds of Cowboy Boots; we're going to be in Texas & I LOVE cowgirl boots; so I grabbed 6 trays of the molds, being $3 each! A few boxes of clear candy bags later and all that chocolate in the seat next to me, I called my best friend of 18 years and recruited her help in making these!

We spent an entire, yes- an ENTIRE Saturday, making and bagging these super cute 'Bride' & 'Groom' cowboy boots! Discovering a few tricks along the way to make it quicker & easier, we had so much fun doing it and time with her I wouldn't trade for anything!! With minimal chocolate lost (ok- eaten) along the way, we successfully made 250 Wedding Favor bags of white 'Bride' & brown 'Groom' little boot chocolates! We tied each bag with twine (a nice little country accent) with a pink square attached that read on one side: "We're boot scootin' to Austin... Thanks for joining us on our day! Love, Garrett and Lorye" and on the other side was our new address!




DIY projects, though lots of fun, are always that much better with some good company to laugh & brainstorm with you along the way! So grab some girl friends, gather your projects and make some memories and great DIY items!! Let me know if you need a few tips on how to make chocolate molds with little hassle and more laughs!!!
-Lorye

No comments:

Post a Comment