Thursday, August 25, 2011

DIY Silk Rose Petal Lamp Shade


I have had this lamp shade that I don't particularly love for a couple of years now.  It was given to me and I was just going to replace it when I ran across some old silk rose petals that my boyfriend had given to me in my first Christmas present from him.  I saved them and they have turned out to be a great way to remember that special moment while fixing my dull lamp problem.


I started by hot gluing each petal onto the lamp shade.  I overlapped them so that the shade would not show underneath.  After I covered whole thing with the cream rose petals, I went back and randomly placed sheer, shimmery ones that were in the mix.  This added dimension and shine, which I love, who doesn't!


After all the gluing, this is what it looked like:


To finish it up, I glued a trim of black ribbon along the top to hide the edges of the roses.


After about 45 minutes and absolutely no money, I ended up with this great and memorable lamp shade.  This is an easy and no-sew project that would be inexpensive even if you had to buy the materials!  It was a great spur-of-the-moment DIY project and I hope it inspires you to do something spontaneous in your own house!

No comments:

Post a Comment